God's Canvas

God's Canvas
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.~~John 15:13

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring Fever

Good Morning to all of you!  I have to admit that not a great deal of progress has been made toward getting photos posted, projects finished, etc.  I have been feverisly searching for the perfect bootie pattern (crochet preferred, but will take anything at this point!).  I have spent literally hours researching my patterns, online patterns, etc., and have tried perhaps five different bootie patterns to no avail.  Either the pattern is incorrect and I have to figure out what to do (which I don't really mind because I always learn from that), or the yarn and needles instructed are rarely spot on in terms of gauge.  This can be very time consuming!  I have completed another sweater (will post photos soon), and wish to complete booties and a hat or bonnet.  I have until the end of the month to do this.  At least the sweater is done.  If anyone has an easy peasy pattern for booties that you love, please feel free to share with me.  I am grateful to you if you choose to share!

Health Update:  I have seen four doctors in two weeks, and I'm exhausted from the process as well as the travel.  Ugh!  I am grateful to God for providing these professionals and do not in any way minimize their importance to my situation.  The knee surgery has been rescheduled for September 7th...Happy Birthday to me!  No matter..I am so eager to have this done that I would likely do it on Christmas day (not really)!  The vascular physician's assistant said that my left leg would never be normal and the swelling would never subside.  I told him that he has his medical reasons for stating that, but I have my personal and spiritual reasons for believing that God can and will change that curse spoken over me!  I have chosen to believe for a miracle and I believe that God will manifest my healing in His divine time.

I plan on getting to my main computer (this is my laptop) soon in an effort to post some photos I've taken of projects that have been ongoing for several weeks and some that I began and finished in a week.  People are having babies and getting married, which means out comes the yarn stash and the appropriate needles to complete the joyful task of creating something original for someone I love!

Spring is alive and well here, and the pollen is rampant!  I've never seen it like this in all of my 53 years!  Indeed, my sinuses are living proof of the pollen count, but nevermind that..I am in love with the cool weather and the birds singing, flowers blooming, etc.  God's amazing works are so evident in all of the little buds on the trees and shrubs, plants and flowers.  All of my plants are waking up and have been properly pruned for their new growth for this year's summer season.  How I love working with God's beautiful nature!  The rewards are priceless!

I went out on a limb this week and made homemade Rosemary shampoo.  I love it!  It is mild, fragrant, and my hair is as soft as silk.  I have a multitude of Rosemary growing in my herb garden, and because it is a perennial and an evergreen, I will continue to host a ton of it unless I give it away.  I have harvested it and cooked with it, and now the shampoo.  I've done so much with it that I feel like I should change my name to Rosemary!

I will return soon with a newer post and some photos.  Until then...be blessed in all that you do.  You are in my prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Connie,
    Never give up on your healing. God wants you healed. It is His will for you to be healed. The Bible is clear on it.
    Yesterday I went to the ER for chest pain. I thought someone was sitting on my chest and every time I breathed it felt like a knife jabbing me. After all the tests and procedures, the doctor didn't know what was wrong or the cause... we knew what it wasn't. At one time 6 people were working on me all at once. I laid there, not scared or fearful, just wondering why this was happening. I then knew it was an attack by Satan because the day before I went to the altar requesting prayer for healing. The doctor apologized for the headache I would get from taking Nitroglycerin, I had no headache and unfortunately it didn't work. He then gave me an injection, it too didn't provide relief from the chest pain. Then I received 3 more injections and finally got relief from the chest pain. 24 hours later I am fine, never needed to take any pain pills. Some think it was acid reflux but I know it wasn't that because I'm on a double dosage for 10 years now and never had this. It was just Satan coming against me for requesting God's healing in church the day prior.
    I look forward to seeing pictures of your projects.

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to share your thoughts or questions with me. I would love to hear from you!