God's Canvas

God's Canvas
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.~~John 15:13

Saturday, February 13, 2010

What a week!

It is my belief that, what goes around comes around, and apparently it was my turn to have the flu this past week.  The sad part is that it isn't even over yet...I'm still doing the watery eyes, stuffy nose...well...you know the drill.  That is why I've not posted anything new this week.  I hope you'll forgive me, as it has driven me a little batty to be away from my blog, even though I haven't that many followers.

A nice thing happened today....okay, yesterday (Friday)...and it made my day!  My friend, Georgia, who is living in my home state of Virginia, sent me some yarn that was chosen by herself, and her two children, Gabby and Jon.  The yarn Georgia chose is by Noro, and is quite possibly the easiest yarn I've ever knitted with to date (sadly, my knitting career is much shorter than my 30+ year crocheting history).  The pattern is on the Internet and is called the "slip stitch scarf" http://ribbedforyourpleasure.wordpress.com/2009/06/18/the-noro-slip-stitch-stripe-scarf/.  I had played with the pattern a few weeks ago before mentioning it to Georgia, showed her the link, and...voila!...the yarn is here, and the scarf has begun! 



The pattern is quite easy and knits into a "woven" effect.  There are only four rows to the pattern and they are repeated to the desired length of your scarf.

I encourage you to try it if you'd like something to do while watching the winter Olympics these next couple of weeks.

I'm going to keep this short, as I've lost so much time in the past week, and I hope to see you back here sooner than later!

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. The slip stitch scarf you just started is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing and I hope you are feeling well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie. Ugh. I'm fighting the flu, too. Beautiful scarf!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to share your thoughts or questions with me. I would love to hear from you!