God's Canvas

God's Canvas
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.~~John 15:13

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Winter Wish

A very dear and special friend of mine and I have long shared the opinion that January is the longest month of the year. Something I've noticed is that the older I become, the shorter January seems to be! And, I find myself at the end of another January in a new year and, before I can blink, it'll be Christmas again! I know...you say..."Bite your tongue," right? I don't really mind it being Christmas again. I love celebrating the season! I do enjoy the diversity offered at different times during the year and, although I live in a fairly seasonless climate, there are certain things that only certain seasons can offer.


One thing I especially miss is snow. I called home today and learned from my father and sister that they were getting anywhere from 6-12" of snow! Groan....I want snow cream and snow angels, and freezing toes too! Well, you won't believe this. Then again, you probably will. As you know, I am no technogenius. I feel certain you are learning this by the size of my photos and the fact that I have a blog that is scattered like autumn leaves (but that will improve...I promise). I began searching for On Demand movies on my cable box and discovered screen savers with snow scenes! Not only one...but two! I had hit pay dirt. Many scenes are offered, lasting approximately 20 minutes: a fire place ranking second only to the wintery scenes with snow falling softly over wooded areas...mmmmmmmmmm...I was home once more! Of course, I snuggled under my fleece throw that I adore and positioned my head just right on the pillow to enjoy the "snow," and soon began to watch the inside of my eyelids. No worry, though...I have my trusty "wintery scenes" to welcome me back at any time of my choosing...even when it's July and with a 100+ degree heat index!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to share your thoughts or questions with me. I would love to hear from you!